Update: ABC has pulled tonight’s episode due to ratings and competing Olympics coverage. This is the statement from their Facebook page:
I bring unfortunate tidings. ABC has pulled the last two episodes of “Trust Us With Your Life” from the schedule due to ratings and also due to competing for ratings with the summer Olympics. It is unknown at this time if the last two episodes will air at a later time.
I would like to clarify something. “Trust Us With Your Life” has NOT been officially cancelled as of right now. The last two episodes were pulled from the schedule due to competing with ratings for the Olympics. The last two episodes may (or may not) be scheduled at a later time. If you would love to at least see the final two episodes of the season, feel free to write to ABC directly (in other words, not on here) and vocalize this. Thanks, all.
From the creators of “Whose Line Is It Anyway?” and “Mock the Week,” “Trust Us with Your Life” is the new studio based improvisation series that redefines both the chat show and television improv formats. Hosted by Fred Willard (“Best in Show,” “Modern Family”), the exciting new format finds celebrities reminiscing about key episodes that have happened in their lives, then brilliant improvisers acting out those moments which the celebrities has just described. David Hasselhoff will be the special guest on “Trust Us with Your Life,” Tuesday, July 31 (9:30-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.
David had his birthday celebration at Greystone Manor in California on Saturday where he was presented with his very own KITT replica, done by Jennifer Catano. Check out these photos and videos of the event if you weren’t able to make it.
Can you believe David Hasselhoff turned 60 today?!
While you wrap your head around the fact that it’s been more than 20 years since you saw The Hoff run down a beach in his little trunks on Baywatch, we would also like to congratulate the actor on another achievement—becoming immortalized in wax.
Hasselhoff—looking über cool in a leather jacket—was the latest star to have his was figure unveiled, but you can only find this one at Madame Tussauds Museum in Austria.
Confused about its location? Don’t be.
Although it may seem strange that the 60-year-old’s statue is halfway across the world, his fame clearly burns brighter across the pond. And, as everyone knows, he’s huge in Germany—and clearly just as big with the neighboring Austrians.
Congratulations, David! Or should we say: Gratulation!
David Hasselhoff turns 60 tomorrow, July 17 and media outlets have already started releasing their video clips well wishing the actor and singer.
Actor David Hasselhoff has a lot to celebrate on Tuesday (17Jul12) – he turns 60 years old!
The TV veteran first rose to fame in 1982 as a crime fighter in Knight Rider, later riding the wave of success to become a lead character in long-running beachside drama Baywatch, which premiered in 1989.
After spending more than four decades in the business, Hasselhoff has developed a new fan base with guest turns in Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story, teen adventure film Eurotrip and Adam Sandler’s Click.
In honour of Hasselhoff’s big day, WENN has compiled a list of 10 fun facts to commemorate his major milestone.
- Hasselhoff, who is of German descent, has a large following in the country although he doesn’t speak the native language. For all German TV shows and movies, his dubbing is completed by actor Andreas von der Meden, who also voices The Muppets’ Kermit the Frog.
- He is an outdoor sports enthusiast – the adrenaline-loving star’s hobbies include scuba diving, racing cars and white water rafting. He’s also parachuted with the U.S. Army Parachute Demonstration Team and flown with The Blue Angels of the U.S. Navy.
- Hasselhoff launched a successful side career as a singer in Europe during the 1980s with breakthrough single Looking for Freedom and he was invited to perform the track on the Berlin Wall on New Year’s Eve in 1989 after being named the Most Popular and Best Selling Artist of the Year in Germany.
- He made his Broadway debut as the titular character in Jekyll & Hyde: The Musical in 1995. He has since performed in a number of other stage shows, including Grease, Jesus Christ Superstar and The Rocky Horror Show.
- The actor, who played lifeguard Mitch Buchannon on Baywatch, became a real-life hero after he saved a two-year-old girl from drowning in Malibu, California while at a beach photo shoot in 1995. He also rescued an unconscious car-crash victim in Los Angeles that same year.
- In 2010, Hasselhoff was the the subject of a Comedy Central Roast hosted by Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane. Wrestler Hulk Hogan and his Baywatch co-stars Pamela Anderson and Traci Bingham also poked fun at the Hoff.
- He originally held the Guinness Book of World Records title for The Most Watched TV Star in the World but House actor Hugh Laurie stole his crown last year (11).
- Hasselhoff loves reality television – he judged America’s Got Talent for four years, beginning in 2006, participated in U.S. programme Dancing With the Stars in 2010, presided over the panel of Britain’s Got Talent in 2011 and earlier this year (12) competed in Celebrity Apprentice Australia.
- The actor has two grown daughters with ex-wife Pamela Bach – Taylor Ann, 22, and Hayley, 19, an aspiring actress.
- He graduated from Lyons Township High School in La Grange, Illinois in 1970 and a plaque with his photo now hangs on display in the main corridor. Hasselhoff was a member of his school’s speech team, president of the choir, and captain of the volleyball team.
True Blood actress Janina Gavankar roams the halls of Comic-Con 2012 to find everything that is amazing at the convention. From sitting on top of KITT with David Hasselhoff to full contact LARPing, Janina does anything and everything you want to being doing behind the doors of Comic-Con. No one has ever had so much fun in so little time.
Biggest surprise of the night – at least to me – was that David Hasselhoff will not be reprising his role as Mitch Buchannon in the new Baywatch movie. Editorial comment: a little disappointing, in my own opinion, as I loved Mitch and would’ve loved it if he reprised his role. We’ll have to see how ‘David Hasselhoff’ fits into this movie. It might just be a cameo, who knows.
David Hasselhoff is set to play himself in the new ‘Baywatch’ film, not his former character Mitch Buchannon.
David Hasselhoff is set to play himself in the new ‘Baywatch’ film.
The 59-year-old actor says he won’t be reprising his role as lifeguard Mitch Buchannon in the big-screen version of the hit TV show and will instead appear as himself.
He said: ”I’ve just met the guy writing the film. I’m going to play myself.”
The former ‘America’s Got Talent’ judge is the only cast member certain to star in movie but it is rumored Justin Timberlake and Justin Bieber could also appear.
David – who was one of the star performers at the White Nights of St. Petersburg festival last weekend – added to BANG Showbiz: ”There will be certain people in the movie for the original parts and we’re trying to make it a very cool, updated version.”
Pamela Anderson – who played long-running character CJ Lewis in the 90s series – is yet to be confirmed, although bosses are hoping the blonde babe will sign up.
David said: ”I don’t know. All I know is that they’ve had the script for four years now.”
Celebrating 30 years of Knight Rider, David Hasselhoff was on hand at Mattel’s Comic-Con booth to help promote Hot Wheels’ limited edition K.I.T.T. car. We’ve tweeted some photos from fans as well, you can check those out on our twitter page here.
David Hasselhoff is known for his roles in the 1980’s hit series Knight Rider as well as the 1990’s hit Baywatch but “The Hoff” is more than a lifeguard in red swim shorts. Since he has contributed to America’s Got Talent, Britain’s Got Talent is currently working with Play Station to create his own video game. He has also teamed up with Lean Pockets as well as released his newest album,This Time Around; not to mention a series of online work which fans can contribute to! The hilarious Hoff took a moment to talk to TheCelebrityCafe.com about his current work and future work, but it wouldn’t be an interview with The Hoff if there weren’t a twist of sarcasm and humor mixed in.
TheCelebrityCafe: Tell me about your work with Lean Pockets.
David Hasselhoff: Mr. Lean came to me through, well, I don’t know how he came to me. [Probably] through my manager because I’ve been doing a lot of work online – I have a big online presence with my website and my Twitter. I’m getting a lot of things actually. I’ve things with Play Station where I’ve done a “Dance Hoff.” I have a game coming out on iTunes for the iPhone from Play Station.
I have a commercial in Norway which is an interactive commercial where you can actually co-star in the commercial. We’ve green screened everybody and you put your Facebook in there and it says that “David Hasselhoff is looking for Sarah in the mall,” and there’s a picture of you, and at the end we find you in your house. If your house is on satellite we actually shoot coming to your house – it’s pretty wild.
I’ve been doing things in Germany that actually involve my video tape. Basically my online presence is generating a lot of resources for me. We have a keen sense of recognizing the obvious and the obvious is that Baywatch is still the number one syndicated show in the world and since people know me so well they respond to whatever I do.
Then from there, America’s Got Talent to Britain’s Got Talent and episodes ofKnight Rider and Baywatch are still running and so, this came to me. [Lean Pockets] know I have a crazy sense of humor, and they know that I like to make fun of myself. They brought me in and said they have this German metrosexual crazy character, and they told me what it was like and it kind of (In his best German accent) “Talks like this! And it’s up to you!…”
The White Nights Festival will take place at St. Petersburg’s Ice Palace and as well as great music, participants and guests of the festival will also enjoy excursions to the city’s museums, palaces and a country night cruise on the Neva river and the Finnish Gulf. The International Music Festival in the Russian city takes place from Friday July 6 to Sunday July 8. Other big names to take part in the festival include Michael Bolton, Simple Minds, Joss Stone, Natalie Imbruglia, David Hasselhoff, Mika and Spandau Ballet.
All the singers will help introduce the international song competition which sees entrants from Europe, Asia, Africa, Latin America and the United States compete for the coveted prize, while the jury includes former ‘American Idol’ star Paula Abdul.
One of the favorites for the prize is England’s Rick Guard, who has been hailed as the British Michael Buble and has performed in front of Britain’s Queen Elizabeth and several soccer stars.