David had his birthday celebration at Greystone Manor in California on Saturday where he was presented with his very own KITT replica, done by Jennifer Catano. Check out these photos and videos of the event if you weren’t able to make it.
Can you believe David Hasselhoff turned 60 today?!
While you wrap your head around the fact that it’s been more than 20 years since you saw The Hoff run down a beach in his little trunks on Baywatch, we would also like to congratulate the actor on another achievement—becoming immortalized in wax.
Hasselhoff—looking über cool in a leather jacket—was the latest star to have his was figure unveiled, but you can only find this one at Madame Tussauds Museum in Austria.
Confused about its location? Don’t be.
Although it may seem strange that the 60-year-old’s statue is halfway across the world, his fame clearly burns brighter across the pond. And, as everyone knows, he’s huge in Germany—and clearly just as big with the neighboring Austrians.
Congratulations, David! Or should we say: Gratulation!
David Hasselhoff turns 60 tomorrow, July 17 and media outlets have already started releasing their video clips well wishing the actor and singer.
Actor David Hasselhoff has a lot to celebrate on Tuesday (17Jul12) – he turns 60 years old!
The TV veteran first rose to fame in 1982 as a crime fighter in Knight Rider, later riding the wave of success to become a lead character in long-running beachside drama Baywatch, which premiered in 1989.
After spending more than four decades in the business, Hasselhoff has developed a new fan base with guest turns in Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story, teen adventure film Eurotrip and Adam Sandler’s Click.
In honour of Hasselhoff’s big day, WENN has compiled a list of 10 fun facts to commemorate his major milestone.
- Hasselhoff, who is of German descent, has a large following in the country although he doesn’t speak the native language. For all German TV shows and movies, his dubbing is completed by actor Andreas von der Meden, who also voices The Muppets’ Kermit the Frog.
- He is an outdoor sports enthusiast – the adrenaline-loving star’s hobbies include scuba diving, racing cars and white water rafting. He’s also parachuted with the U.S. Army Parachute Demonstration Team and flown with The Blue Angels of the U.S. Navy.
- Hasselhoff launched a successful side career as a singer in Europe during the 1980s with breakthrough single Looking for Freedom and he was invited to perform the track on the Berlin Wall on New Year’s Eve in 1989 after being named the Most Popular and Best Selling Artist of the Year in Germany.
- He made his Broadway debut as the titular character in Jekyll & Hyde: The Musical in 1995. He has since performed in a number of other stage shows, including Grease, Jesus Christ Superstar and The Rocky Horror Show.
- The actor, who played lifeguard Mitch Buchannon on Baywatch, became a real-life hero after he saved a two-year-old girl from drowning in Malibu, California while at a beach photo shoot in 1995. He also rescued an unconscious car-crash victim in Los Angeles that same year.
- In 2010, Hasselhoff was the the subject of a Comedy Central Roast hosted by Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane. Wrestler Hulk Hogan and his Baywatch co-stars Pamela Anderson and Traci Bingham also poked fun at the Hoff.
- He originally held the Guinness Book of World Records title for The Most Watched TV Star in the World but House actor Hugh Laurie stole his crown last year (11).
- Hasselhoff loves reality television – he judged America’s Got Talent for four years, beginning in 2006, participated in U.S. programme Dancing With the Stars in 2010, presided over the panel of Britain’s Got Talent in 2011 and earlier this year (12) competed in Celebrity Apprentice Australia.
- The actor has two grown daughters with ex-wife Pamela Bach – Taylor Ann, 22, and Hayley, 19, an aspiring actress.
- He graduated from Lyons Township High School in La Grange, Illinois in 1970 and a plaque with his photo now hangs on display in the main corridor. Hasselhoff was a member of his school’s speech team, president of the choir, and captain of the volleyball team.
This past Saturday, David Hasselhoff had a Birthday party at the Blush nightclub inside the Wynn Casino and Hotel in Las Vegas. The club is very nice and there was lots of plush seating for everyone. Behind the bar there were a couple of televisions that were showing David’s music videos – like Hooked on a Feeling and Jump In My Car – among the Baywatch and Knight Rider opens. Every so often a “Happy Birthday David Hasselhoff” screen came up around the music videos.
Met some good friends inside the club, Jennifer Catano and husband, Paul Casey and wife Mila, Les and her fiancee, and Richard Morey. We talked, had some fun and danced. We then went outside and took pictures on the red carpet, which was fun. We were told that someone had asked if Jenn was famous.
David did his press walk on the red carpet before entering the club just after 11:30 p.m. He hung out in his private area with girlfriend Hayley for the night. He would come up and pose for some pictures and talk to a few fans for a little bit. At one point we were in the front and ‘Hooked on a Feeling’ came on so we started doing the fist pump singing “Ooga chaka” and singing along to it. David smiled, seemingly flattered that we knew the words. He sang a little bit with us until some rabid fan ruined our fun when he rushed up and tried to get a photo with him.
Hayley and David were very cute together. They were “lovey dovey” and we thought they really did make a good couple. I was able to talk to Hayley for a little while, and she has a thick accent that was really cool to hear. We just talked about our tans (and my lack of a tan) and her time at the beach club earlier that day, as well as Vegas and how she was enjoying her time there. She mentioned they were staying until mid-week and wanted to see Celin Dion. I suggested she see Cirque du Soleil, which she also seemed to want to see. She is a very nice, down to earth girl.
At the end of the night we were able to get our pictures with David. Jennifer gave him a Birthday present, which were a pair of Knight cuff links. David tweeted the next day saying, “I love my knight cuff links i had as a present off a fan last night. I cant wait to wear them!”
Good night, loved seeing David, meeting and talking to Hayley, and seeing all my friends again.
David Hasselhoff will host his very own Birthday Celebration at Blush Boutique Nightclub inside of the world famous Wynn Casino & Resort Las Vegas on Saturday July 23, 2011!
Seriously, it’s not everyday you get the opportunity to party with the likes of David Hasselhoff!
Don’t miss your chance to party with “The Hoff” at Blush Las Vegas Saturday July 23, 2011.
Ladies on the Blush Nightclub VIP guest list are free.
For Blush Nightclub reservations and VIP guest list contact our Blush Nightclub VIP Host direct & toll free at 1-855-WYNN-VIP.
Today is David’s 58th Birthday. You’ve touched so many lives and you continue to do so, making people happy and telling them not to give up on their dreams. Something to truly live by. Have a great day! Happy Birthday from everyone here, and all your fans.
Speaking of the celebrations, today at Bulldog Deli in Starkville, Mississippi, if you come in and give a thumbs up, and say “The Hoff rocks!” you will get free chips with a purchase of an entree.